Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dual Voltage Hair Care… converter or no converter?

Dual Voltage Hair Care… converter or no converter?

Question by marlahooch!: Dual Voltage Hair Care… converter or no converter?
I’m traveling to Italy and Greece in a few weeks, and I am trying to figure out if I need a voltage CONVERTER or just an adapter for the plugs. My Remington Wet2Straight flat iron says it is dual voltage, but it doesn’t say anything more specific. My travel hair dryer is dual voltage, but it is 150/250. Isn’t the standard lower than 250? But it wouldn’t really make sense for a company to make a travel product that wouldn’t work at that voltage.

So my questions:

1. “Dual voltage” means, in theory, that I do NOT need a converter. Is that correct? It seems like a dumb question, but I just want to make absolutely sure!

2. Is 250 too high for travel to Europe or will it not make that big of a difference?

Any real input would be great, except from people who write things like “I don’t know” just to get more points. Please don’t do that.

Best answer:

Answer by TH
dual voltage means you can use it as is under the 220-250 voltage – you don’t need a converter
Keep in mind that you may need a plug-adapter because their plugs look different than ours
Also, check out your dryer for a conversion button for the voltage – usually dryers need a manual conversions rather than laptops, just plug and play anywhere
enjoy your trip

What do you think? Answer below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
 
Copyright © tRaveLinos